The Exchien's Blogs - F2C

F2C is not just only FUN TO SEE, It means MORE and it has MORE... 生活中的点滴就从BLOG开始...

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

BBQ Dinner, everyone need it?

My company did not have any company dinner for the past 2 years. However the great news is - we are going to get two for this year. The mid-year dinner was just held on yesterday. The BBQ dinner was held in Kuala Lumpur Golf & Country Club (KLGCC). We were suppose to be there at 6pm. My colleagues and I reached KLGCC early and we've took some pictures while waiting the dinner to start.


As usual, the president of the company would give a "lengthty" speech before eveyone could get their food. The last thing in his speech was the announcement of project bonuses. I was told earlier that KPKT team will be getting the project bonus but I was really surprised when the president had included AG-EG team into the project bonus list. We had been completed our re-engineering phase 2 years ago, it was late, I was wondering what would be the significant impact to the company if the bonus was rewarded a year ago? Or what if those who had leaved the company, if they didnt leave the company would they be happied to receive this reward? The project bonuses might had been late, but it could be just in time to save the de-moralization in the company. Ok, it might not be a big bonus but it is better to have something instead of nothing. Although the bonuses were given at project level, I think that everyone is deserved to claim the bonuses they really gave their 100% to the company.

The next thing people will ask me, what had make me to stay in this company for 6 years? What so special about the company? It is quite subjective to answer this question as it relies on the individual expectation and satisfaction. It wasnt the paid that make me stay, in fact I have to spend budgetly with my salary. My concept is if you earn more you can spend more, if you earn a litter then you must work it within your budget. I'm just like everyone, we need money to sustain our fundament needs and in fact we would like to further improve our living life style if allowed. I was screwed with the company once, yet the company did gave me the opportunity to improve myself and to repair my mistakes. I would say this is my time to repay the company and I would like to see how far I could climb up the company career ladder. This is the goal that makes me stay for the company (unless some drastic circumstances happend within the company). I will talk more about my work/office thoughts in the future.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home